Dressing for your body type can be a task for women. From choosing the right silhouette to the pattern designs, there’s much to choose from. To solve your style woes, we have charted out all the possible sartorial choices based on your body type. From hourglass body shape to pear one, this guide will help you to understand what clothes work best for your shape.
If you have fuller bust and hips, then you have an hourglass shape
– For this body type, you should go for fit and flared dresses which will complement the body shape.
– To enhance your waistline, you can also try peplum tops and pair them with tights or cropped pants.
– If you want to flaunt your curves, you can also go for bodycon dresses that will accentuate your body.
If you’re a busty woman, you need to focus on the right kind of outfits.
– For pullovers or tops, look for V necklines. You don’t have to opt for deep necklines and can stick to small V’s. This style will make your neck look longer and bust smaller.
– Finding the right kind of clothes that fit your bust and your waist can be quite a task. That’s why you should look for waist-cinching dresses and gowns which will fit around your torso area and won’t hang loose.
– You can also add a belt to regular dresses to add more shape to your outfits.
If you have a full bust, waist and upper back with thinner legs and hips, then you have an apple-shaped body.
– For this body type, you can go for a tunic top that won’t cling to your waist area. For dresses, you can choose straight cuts with shorter lengths to show off your legs.
– You can also try your hand at layering. Pick structured single-breasted blazers which have buttons or the V shape below the bust area. Make sure it fits your shoulders.
– You can also experiment with long jackets, open shirts, shrugs with waterfall styles.
– The key rule is to look for outfits that are free-flowing and don’t cling to your body.
The Pear Shape
If your hips and backside are wider than your shoulders then you have a pear-shaped body.
– To balance out your body, you can go for boxy tops so it gives your upper body a boost and also helps you flaunt your derriere.
– For bottom wear, you can go for flared pants in high-waist style. Look for stretchy fabric that fit your hips and fit your waistline too!
– You can also draw attention to your shoulders and try off-shoulder styles with your favourite tights. This way you can balance your body.